The past history of this website
In years past, this was the website for the Clinic of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolic disorders.
The physicians who shared the clinic were (and perhaps still are):
- The Director was; (and perhaps still is, I don’t know): Dr. Cedomir Dimitrov, a Endocrinologist, Internist, with academic appointment of Professor of Internal Medicine. He had special interests in andrology, diabetes and other endocrinology. He trained at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, UK; then Cedar-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles, USA; and at Erasmus University Hospital in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Dr. Milcho Bogoyev, and internist, endocrinologist; who trained at DAAD Германија, and Steno, Copenhagen.
- Dr. Brankica Krstevka; who trained at ниверзитетска Болница Женева and СЗО, курс за едукација Грименз
- Dr. Gordana Pemovska; who trained at Превенција на компликации од дијабетес организиран од СЗО and Грименз, Швајцарија and Hospital Contonal Universitaire (prof.Assal)
- Dr. Milenkovik; who trained Steno Memorial, Denmark 1994 and Ipswich, UK 2000 and Sofia, Bulgaria 2001
- Dr. Slavica Shubeska Stratrova; who trained at Ендокринолошка амбуланта Тел. 3147-265 and Понеделник and Петок
- Dr. Goran Petrovski; who trained at Барселона, Шпанија and Париз, Франција and Неапол, Италија and Лозана, Швајцарија and Оксфорд, Велика Британија
- Dr. Irfan Ahmeti; who trained at Кратки престои во странство (едукации, симпозиуми, конгреси)
- Dr. Snezana Markovic-Temelkova; who trained at Универзитетска болница Алберт Ајнштајнм, ЊуЈорк 2006 год.
Like most other clinics
Of course, the clinic had a lot of patients with Diabetes.
However, the Clinic endocrinology and metabolism is part of the Medical Faculty and Clinical Center, and performs medical, educational and scientific activities.
Health activity refers to secondary and tertiary health care in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of specific endocrine diseases; (diabetes and its complications; thyroid disorders; adrenal gland disorders; hypothalamic-pituitary).
Educational activity is within the teaching of Medicine; and includes teaching students of medicine as well as dentistry.
Endocrinology, as a service as part of internal medicine began to develop with the establishment of internal clinic as part of the Medical Faculty in Skopje in 1947. Development of internal medicine; inevitably lead to the formation of a special department of Endocrinology in 1955. With the restructuring of internal clinic; the Department has grown in Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders in 1974.
With that said, team clinic has 11 specialists in internal medicine; 1 specialist in ophthalmology; 2 junior doctors of specialization; 1 biologist; and 1 biochemist. Also, more senior as well as medium nurses.
The clinic consists of the following departments:
- 1. Department For an Admission to Hospital Patients
Department for an admission to hospital suffering is composed of 8 rooms with 35 beds. As a special part is the intensive metabolic and endocrine care; which is equipped with a monitoring system, apparatus for immediate determination of blood glucose system for oxygenation as well as aspiration.
- 2. Center for Diabetes
Since 1972. He started working Diabetes Center; which provide better protection for people with diabetes, and prevent or delay its complications of diabetes.
- 3 & 4. Clinic for Endocrinology and Andrology
Within the clinic work as well as endocrinological clinic androloshka that enable quality care to patients with specific diseases ednokrini.
- 5. Endocrinological and Laboratory Androloshka
Endokrinoloshkata laboratory was established in 1972. The laboratory enables precise determination of various hormones and perform specific endocrine tests.
- 6. Department of Development
Oddeleniteto for Development was established in 1999. The main task is to promote the endokrinoloshkata service. The Department implemented the project to computerize the clinic (1999.). This was set Intranet and special application software for managing an admission to hospital patients; which is the first of its kind in Macedonia.
- 7. Eye Surgery
As a matter of fact, to improve the quality of medical care for patients with diabetes; Eye Clinic open cabinet; led by a specialist in ophthalmology. Cabinet allows diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of diabetic retinopathy and other eye complications; and also perform routine eye exams.
- 8. Center For Education of People with Diabetes
Centre for education of people with diabetes is set up in 1995. The main task of the center is to educate the diabetic patients in terms of disease, nutrition, physical activity, self-control; and to prevent or delay the complications of diabetes; as well as improving the quality of life.
Nonetheless, in the course of 1999, outpatient reviewed a total of 18,000 patients made 165,000 laboratory services; as well as 641 hospitalized patients.
Click here to check out this interesting post on how Hashimoto eventually made me hypothyroid.